- The Peppermint Push.
- A whiff of peppermint may pep up your fitness
routine and coax your body to work a little harder.
Studies have shown that the smell of buttered popcorn or
strawberries has the same effect.
- Spice for your Life: Most are tropical and
you will probably have to purchase them in bulk or powered form.
- Allspice - This tropical herb has a complex
aroma and is useful for indigestion.
- Cinnamon - This tasty spice has potent antimicrobial
action and can settle an upset stomach.
- Cloves - have proven pain-relieving and have
- Garlic - called Russian penicillin, this
pungent bulb is useful in preventing our major killers - heart
disease and cancer.
- Ginger - The world's best nausea preventative,
ginger also is useful in treating arthritis.
- Red Pepper - This spice, which is native to
America, works on pain by three different mechanisms.
- Sesame - The seed of this plant are a great
source of antioxidants and other therapeutic chemicals.
- Turmeric - This yellow spice shows great promise
in treating arthritis and diabetes.
- Basic Scrub Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon pure safflower, sweet almond or
grapeseed oils (as a base oil)
- 1 1/2 cups pure granulated cane sugar (for sensitive
or delicate skin) or same amount of granulated raw sugar for
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 cups raw, unfiltered honey
(organic, if possible)
- 20 to 30 drops of essential oil of lavender
- 10 drops essential oil of rose geranium (if
- USE GLOVES when using any type of Essential
Oil, especially rose or eucalyptus.
- pour the base oil into a bowl containing the
sugar and toss with your fingers until it feels like the oil is
evenly distributed, coating the grains of sugar. Add the
honey, a little at a time, until the mixture forms a very soft
paste. If you can form it into little piles that hold
their shape, you need to add more honey; don't dilute it with
water. When you have achieved a spreadable consistency,
blend in the essential oils. You'll have enough scrub for
one or two treatments. To store leftover scrub,
refrigerate in a covered glass container. Use within two
- Article by Gardener - Nov/Dec 2002.
- Skin Smoother
- In the top of double boiler, heat 1/2 cup
almond oil, 1 ounce beeswax and 3 teaspoons cocoa butter.
When the beeswax is melted, remove mixture form heat. Add
12 drops each rose oil and vitamin E oil and mix thoroughly.
Pour into small jars. allow to cool and add lids.
- Article by Gardener - Nov/Dec 2002.
- Summer Solstice Cream
1/2 cup boiling water
1T fresh lavender flowers
1T fresh parsley leaves
1/2 tsp. fresh chamomile flowers
1/8 tsp. borax powder
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 tsp. grapeseed oil
2 T grated beeswax
- Place flowers, leaves, and borax
in a ceramic or glass dish.
- Pour the boiling water over them
and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture, saving the
liquid. Combine the oils and beeswax, and heat gently until the bees
wax is melted. You may do this using a double boiler over a medium
heat or in the heat-resistant container in a microwave.
- Heat the herbal liquid gently
over a medium heat until it
just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat, and pour the
hot liquid into a blender or
food processor. Start stirring and slowly add the oil mixture,
pouring it in a thin, even stream. Blend until you have a smooth
- Let the cream cool completely,
stirring occasionally. Spoon into a clean container with a
- To use: Massage into your skin.
Yield: 8 ounces
- Aromatherapy Recipes
1 gallon hot water
3 t. eucalyptus oil
3 t. lemon oil
- Mix ingredients together to
create household cleaner.
Cure for the Winter Blah's
6 drops grapefruit oil
6 drops bergamot oil
6 drops lime oil
Mix the above three oils together.
4 drops ginger oil
2 drops sandalwood oil add to first oil mixture.
- Use in an atomizer or diffuser.
- Air Freshener
- Blend together 15 drops
lavender oil and 10 drops orange oil. Add 10 drops lemon oil, 2
drops nutmeg oil, 2 oz. distilled water, and 2 oz. vodka.
- Put in spray bottle and
shake well before using.
- Relaxing Bath Add 3 drops
clary sage oil and 2 drops yland yland oil to bath.
- This content has been excerpted
from Choose to Live Each Day Fully These juices have helped many
people. Of course you should see your physician or health
professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical problems.
Allergies, morning sickness, digestive problems; purifies blood
Anemia, constipation, catarrh
Kidney and bladder disorders
Aid in weight gain
Builds blood (when combined with blackberry juice)
- BEET GREENS
Constipation; nutrition for liver and gallbladder
Dysentery, diarrhea, anemia; blood builder
Nutrition for eye, hair, nails
- CASABA MELON
Arthritis, neuritis, rheumatism, acidity, high blood pressure,
Arthritis; blood cleaner
- CHERRY, wild black
Chronic gallbladder trouble (one glass for three successive
days, twice a
Strengthens heart, tonic for digestive system
Nutrition for bones and teeth
- CURRANT, BLACK
- DANDELION GREENS
Anemia, diabetes, hypoglycemia, low blood pressure, skin
Aid in weight loss
- FIG, BLACK
Aid in weight loss
Catarrhal conditions; blood purifier; intestinal cleanser
Hardens teeth and bone
Aid in weight loss, and for fevers and liver disorders;
- LETTUCE, HEAD
Irritated intestinal disorders
- MUSTARD GREENS
Liver and gallbladder cleanser
Stomach ulcers, irritated intestinal tract
- ONION, WHITE
Catarrhal, bronchial, and lung disorders
Stirs up acids, catarrhal settlements, and hard mucus
Stomach and intestinal disorders
Diabetes, kidney stones and gallstones; cleanses liver, supports
heart, tonic for blood vessels
Irritable intestinal tract
Sore throat, catarrhal conditions; blood builder, aids digestion
- PLUM (NOT GREEN)
- RADISH, BLACK
Gallbladder and liver disorders
- RADISH, RED
Anemia; neutralizes acidity
Digestive and bowel problems, nervousness, night sweats, skin
problems, bowel parasites, morning sickness
Bowel regulator, body builder
Headaches, asthma, hay fever, flu, sore throat, eliminates
catarrhal from upper respiratory system
Body builder; white turnip juice good for asthma, sore throat
and bronchial disorders
Source: Mind, Body & Soul
- 5 Minute Double Layer Pudding
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages ( 4-serving size
each) Jell-o instant pudding, any flavor
- 1 tub (8oz) thawed Cool Whip
Whipped Topping, divided
- 1 Keebler Ready Crust Graham
Cracker Pie Crust (6oz)
- Beat milk, pudding mixes and
1/2 of the whipped topping in bowl with wire Wisk 1
minute. (Mixture will be thick). Spread on crust.
- Spread remaining whipped
topping over pudding layer in crust. Serve immediately or
refrigerate until ready to server. Makes 8 servings.
Kraft Foods Inc.© Ready Crust - Keebler Company
- 3 Whole eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp witch
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp corn oil
- 1 tsp Cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbs Melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Peach or apricot
- Melt butter and mix with
corn oil. Let stand one hour. Mix
eggs and stir gently. Add all ingredients one at a time to
blender - adding 1c of milk last. Beat at low speed. Turn off
blender and add last 3/4c milk unbeaten. Stir and enjoy. Keep
refrigerated for freshness.
- Shake and add 1/2 c to your
tub. Makes 3 cups - enough for 6
|Play Dough Clay
- 2 cups (500ml) Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Salt
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Cream of Tartar
- 2 tablespoons (25ml) Oil
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Food Coloring
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- Mix ingredients in a
saucepan. Ask a grown-up for help in cooking over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until dough leaves sides of pan.
- Remove from pan, and when
cool to touch, knead for a few minutes.