Things and their Meanings
- Red - maintaining health, strength, physical
energy, sex, passion, courage & protection. Used in defensive Magick. Element of fire.
Associated with life, death and intense emotions.
- Pink love, friendship, compassion,
relaxation. Symbolic of gentle emotions.
- Orange - general attraction, energy.
- Yellow intellect, confidence, divination,
communication, eloquence, travel & movement. Element of air. Symbolic of the sun,
grain and the power of thought.
- Green - honey, prosperity, employment, fertility,
healing & growth. Element of water. Symbolic of the ocean, sleep, twilight and the
- Purple power, healing, severe disease,
spirituality, meditation & religion. Symbolic of the divine.
- White - protection, purification, all purposes.
Symbolic of the moon, freshness, snow, cold and potential.
- Black - banishing negativity, absorbing
negativity. Symbolic of outer space and the universe. Absence of colors. Not an evil
- Brown - animals. Represents soil and fertility.
- White purification, spirituality.
- Green money, fertility.
- Brown health, stability, grounding.
- Orange - attraction,. success.
- Yellow intelligence.
- Red - courage.
- Pink love.
- Gray peace.
- Blue psychic awareness.
- Black feathers - not recommended.
- Red and brown healing animals.
- Brown and white happiness.
- Gray and white hope.
- Black and white protection.
- Green and red finances.
- Blue, white and black change.
- Black and purple spirituality.
- Borage Flowers - give courage.
- Clover Flowers - bring good luck.
- Daisy - innocence and love.
- Heather - luck.
- Honeysuckle - fidelity and affection.
- Jasmine - attraction.
- Ladys Mantle - women's problems, magical.
- Lavender - relaxing and stress relieving.
- Lilac - luck, love.
- Lily of the Valley - counters spells, attracts
- May flowers - adventure and chaos.
- Primrose - to see fairies.
- Rose - pure love.
- Sweet pea - good fortune.
- Violet - love, humility, honesty, virtue.
- African Violets - promote spirituality and peaceful
vibrations. Can be difficult to grow.
- Aloe Vera - great for protection and negative
energies. A must for any type of burn. Just pick a leaf
and break it open, rub the sap on the burn. Will help with the
pain and prevent scarring
- Avocado - spreads love throughout the house.
- Cactus - will safeguard your house from intruders if
you place in a window at each direction (north, south, east &
- Ferns - protection. Place before large windows
or sliding glass doors.
- Orchids - love.
- Palms - uplifting vibrations..
- Tulips - safeguard against poverty and desperation.
- Weeping Fig - provides good luck and prosperity.
Can be difficult to grow.
- Abalone - general use. Use to contain empowered
- Clam shells used in purification and love.
- Conches love Magick.
- Cone shells - used in protective spell craft.
- Moon shells psychic awareness, purification &
- Olive shells healing.
- Oysters - love & good fortune.
- Tooth shells - money.
- Sand dollars - wisdom.
- Scallops travel & movement.
- Courage garnet, quartz crystal.
- Friendship amethyst, chrysocolla, rose quartz.
- Happiness - amethyst, chrysoprase.
- Healing carnelian, hematite, jade.
- Love amethyst, rose quartz.
- Money aventurine, bloodstone, jade, tigers
- Protection garnet, lava, quartz crystal.
- Psychic awareness aquamarine, lapis lazuli.
- Purification aquamarine, calcite.
- Spirituality calcite, lepidolite, sugilite.
Chakra stimulation using stones
- Sun - diamond, topaz.
- Moon pearl , opal, moonstone, clear quartz.
- Venus - emerald, aquamarine, rose quartz, green
- Mars ruby, bloodstone.
- Saturn black onyx, black jade.
- Juniper amethyst.
- Mercury - topaz, chalcedony, citrine.
- Crown - amethyst, diamond.
- Brow amethyst, diamond, jade, opal, clear quartz.
- Throat topaz, citrine.
- Heart emerald, rose quartz, ruby, amber, agate.
- Solar plexus moonstone, clear quartz, rose
quartz, jade, diamond, agate.
- Spleen aquamarine, citrine, opal, amber.
- Sacreal amethyst, jade, moonstone, opal, pearl,
ruby, diamond, clear quartz, rose quartz, amber, bloodstone.
- Dec 23 to Jan 01 - Apple Tree
- Jan 01 to Jan 11 - Fir Tree
- Jan 12 to Jan 24 - Elm Tree
- Jan 25 to Feb 03 - Cypress Tree
- Feb 04 to Feb 08 - Poplar Tree
- Feb 09 to Feb 18 - Cedar Tree
- Feb 19 to Feb 28 - Pine Tree
- Mar 01 to Mar 10 - Weeping Willow Tree
- Mar 11 to Mar 20 - Lime Tree
- Mar 21 - Oak Tree
- Mar 22 to Mar 31 - Hazelnut Tree
- Apr 01 to Apr 10 - Rowan Tree
- Apr 11 to Apr 20 - Maple Tree
- Apr 21 to Apr 30 - Walnut Tree
- May 01 to May 14 - Poplar Tree
- May 15 to May 24 - Chestnut Tree
- May 25 to Jun 03 - Ash Tree
- Jun 04 to Jun 13 - Hornbeam Tree
- Jun 14 to Jun 23 - Fig Tree
- Jun 24 - Birch Tree
- Jun 25 to Jul 04 - Apple Tree
- Jul 05 to Jul 14 - Fir Tree
- Jul 15 to Jul 25 - Elm Tree
- Jul 26 to Aug 04 - Cypress Tree
- Aug 05 to Aug 13 - Poplar Tree
- Aug 14 to Aug 23 - Cedar Tree
- Aug 24 to Sep 02 - Pine Tree
- Sep 03 to Sep 12 - Weeping Willow Tree
- Sep 13 to Sep 22 - Lime Tree
- Sep 23 - Olive Tree
- Sep 24 to Oct 03 - Hazelnut Tree
- Oct 04 to Oct 13 - Rowan Tree
- Oct 14 to Oct 23 - Maple Tree
- Oct 24 to Nov 11 - Walnut Tree
- Nov 12 to Nov 21 - Chestnut Tree
- Nov 22 to Dec 01 - Ash Tree
- Dec 02 to Dec 11 - Hornbeam Tree
- Dec 12 to Dec 21 - Fig Tree
- Dec 22 - Beech Tree
- APPLE TREE (the Love) - of slight build, lots of
charm, appeal, and attraction, pleasant aura, flirtatious,
adventurous, sensitive, always in love, wants to love and be
loved, faithful and tender partner, very generous, scientific talents,
lives for today, a carefree philosopher with imagination.
- ASH TREE (the Ambition) - uncommonly attractive,
vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism,
ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with fate, can be
egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover,
sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very
- BEECH TREE (the Creative) - has good taste, concerned
about its looks, materialistic, good organization of life and career,
economical, good leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable,
splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.)
- BIRCH TREE (the inspiration) - vivacious,
attractive, elegant, friendly, unpretentious, modest, does not like
anything in excess, abhors the vulgar, loves life in nature and in
calm, not very passionate, full of imagination, little ambition,
creates a calm and content atmosphere.
- CEDAR TREE (the Confidence) - of rare beauty, knows
how to adapt, likes luxury, of good health, not in the least shy,
tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient,
likes to impress others many talents, industrious, healthy optimism,
waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.
- CHESTNUT TREE (the Honesty) - of unusual beauty,
does not want to impress, well-developed sense of justice, vivacious,
interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in
company, often due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes
superior, feels not understood loves only once, has difficulties in
finding a partner.
- CYPRESS TREE (the Faithfulness) - strong, muscular,
adaptable, takes what life has to give, content, optimistic, craves
money and acknowledgment, hates loneliness, passionate lover which
cannot be satisfied, faithful, quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic, and
- ELM TREE (the Noble-mindedness) - pleasant shape,
tasteful clothes, modest demands, tends not to forgive mistakes,
cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner,
likes making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense
of humor, practical.
- FIG TREE (the Sensibility) - very strong, a bit
self-willed, independent, does not allow contradiction o arguments,
loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a social
butterfly, good sense of humor, likes
idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.
- FIR TREE (the Mysterious) - extraordinary taste,
dignity, sophisticated, loves anything beautiful, moody,
stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those close to them, rather
modest, very ambitious, talented, industrious, uncontented lover, many
friends, many foes, very reliable
- HAZELNUT TREE (the Extraordinary) - charming,
undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression,
active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious
lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.
- HORNBEAM TREE (the Good Taste) - of cool beauty,
cares for its looks and condition, good taste, is not egoistic, makes
life as comfortable as possible, leads a reasonable and
disciplined life, looks for kindness and acknowledgment in an
emotional partner, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy
with its feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of its decisions,
- LIME TREE (the Doubt) - accepts what life dishes out
in a composed way, hates fighting, stress, and labor,
dislikes laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes
sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to
make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous
- MAPLE TREE (Independence of Mind) - no ordinary
person, full of imagination and originality, shy and reserved,
ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences,
sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns
easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.
- OAK TREE (the Brave)- robust nature, courageous,
strong, unrelenting, independent, sensible, does not like
change, keeps its feet on the ground, person of action.
- OLIVE TREE (the Wisdom) - loves sun, warmth and kind
feelings, reasonable, balanced, avoids aggression and violence,
tolerant, cheerful, calm, well-developed sense of justice,
sensitive, empathetic, free of jealousy, loves to read and the
company of sophisticated people.
- PINE TREE (the Particular) - love agreeable company,
very robust, knows how to make life comfortable,
very active, natural, good companion, but seldom friendly, falls
easily in love but its passion burns out quickly, gives up
easily, everything disappointments until it finds its ideal,
- POPLAR TREE (the Uncertainty) - looks very
decorative, not very self-confident, only courageous if
necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very
choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good
organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership
- ROWAN TREE (the Sensitivity) - full of charm,
cheerful, gifted without egoism, likes to draw attention, loves
life, motion, unrest, and even complications, is both dependent
and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional,
good company, does not forgive.
- WALNUT TREE (the Passion) - unrelenting, strange and
full of contrasts, often egotistic, aggressive, noble, broad
horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition,
no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked
but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and
passionate, no compromise.
- WEEPING WILLOW (the Melancholy) -beautiful but full
of melancholy, attractive, very empathetic, loves
anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer,
restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy
to live with, demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes
an anchoring partner.
- Acorns = Cones used on the tip of wand.
- Briar = Rose, steep 2 teaspoons fresh or dried in 1
cup of H20- for clairvoyant dreams.
- Cedar = Healing, longevity, purification, protection
- Cherry = Love
- Ebony = Magical power, protection
- Ferns = Burn inside the house for protection. Burn
outside to produce rain.
- Holly = Repels negative spells sent against you.
- Maple = Love, money
- Mistletoe = Hang for protection.
- Pine = Money, exorcism, healing
- Rattan = Luck, Strength
- Redwood = Longevity
- Solomons seal = Burn as thanks to the elements.
- Teak = Riches
- Holy thistle = Grown in garden, keeps away thieves.
- Walnut = Health
- Willow = Great tree to make a WISH under.
Ask permission and explain your desire, then tie a knot and make a
wish. When the wish is fulfilled, return and untie the know. Give
Thanks and leave a gift.
- Yew wood/leaves = Lay on grave of departed to remind
the spirit that death is only a pause before rebirth.
- Trees branches good for wands: Birch, Hawthorne,
cedar, hazel, oak.
|Animals can be great companions, fun
for the kids and elderly, protection, helpers and members of our
family. Below are some Magickal properties that are associated
- Bat - thought to confer life long happiness
- Bird - can increase memory and metal powers
if the bird lives in the house.
- Cat - sharing your home with a cat will
bring it many blessings..
- Dog - protective energy.
- Fish - strength relationship or marriage
bonds. Goldfish attract money.
- Frog - symbol of resurrection.
- Iguana - increases bravery.
- Lizard - keep disease from the home.
- Monkey - ensures wealth and good fortune.
- Snake - symbol of wisdom, eternity
- Spider - protective, increases
- Turtle - symbol of longevity and fertility.
Alligator - survival, fighter
Ant - industrious, dependable
Armadillo - protection
Bat - death & rebirth
Bear - power, renewal
Beaver - ambitious
Bee - social
Buffalo - abundance
Butterfly - metamorphosis
Cougar - leadership
Coyote - trickster
Crab - commitment
Crane - balance
Crow- bold, magic
Deer - beauty
Dolphin - harmony, love
Dove - peace, faith
Dragonfly - dreams
Duck - trustworthy
Eagle - healing
Elephant - longevity
Elk - strength
Fox - cunning
Frog - healing
Goat - agile
Goose - reliable
Hawk - awareness, vision
Horse - endurance
Hummingbird - energy
Lion - heath, nobility
Lizard - renewal
Loon - dreams
Moose - confidence
Mouse - attention to detail
Orca - creation
Otter - sharing
Owl - vision
Pelican - storage
Penguin - family
Pig - sincere
Rabbit - abundance
Raven - change in consciousness
Rhinoceros - ancient wisdom
Roadrunner - speed
Salmon - determination
Scorpion - defense
Seahorse - magic
Seal - dreaming
Shark - survivor
Skunk - caution
Snail - determination
Snake - wholeness
Spider - creativity
Squirrel - trust
Swan - commitment
Turkey - shared blessings
Turtle - protection
Whale - intelligence
Wolf - wild spirit